ADHD Organization for the rest of us!
ADHD Organization might sound like two contradictory terms, but for entrepreneurs with ADHD, they are two sides of the same coin. ADHD entrepreneurs are known for their innovation, creativity, and risk-taking. Still, they often struggle with maintaining focus, staying on task, and keeping track of details.
For instance, I was the type who worked in constant chaos. Projects were strewn all over my desk, and my computer desktop had more icons than on Hollywood Blvd. When I was a child, my mother used to have to tell me to clean my room more than Ollie reminded Stanley of another fine mess Stanley had gotten him into! Nothing really wrong with that, but it was a drag on my production, and I wanted to get in focus and skyrocket my productivity so I worked on my ADHD Organization!
So, how can ADHD entrepreneurs organize themselves and their businesses without losing their spark? Here are some clever tips:
1. The Post-it Note Method: a great way for ADHD entrepreneurs to remember essential tasks is to write them down on a Post-it note and stick them on their forehead. That way, they can see them all the time and will remember what they need to do. Plus, it’s a great conversation starter!
2. The Color Code Method: ADHD entrepreneurs can color code to organize their work and their lives. For example, they can assign a different color to each project and then use those colors to label everything from folders to socks. That way, they’ll always know what they’re working on and have a rainbow of fun to look at!
3. The Music Method: ADHD entrepreneurs can use music to help them focus on their work. They can create playlists of heavy metal, punk rock, or even Surf Rock; chaotic music allows me to concentrate. I love to sing along to the Ramones or The Clash (More on the Power of Punk in an upcoming blog). I love to sing along while I work! Helps me to concentrate as I work. Just make sure the headphones are on so no one else is distracted by your musical talents!
4. The Pomodoro Method: The Pomodoro Method is a time management technique that involves working for 25 minutes and then taking a five-minute break. ADHD entrepreneurs can use this method to stay focused and avoid burnout. They can set a timer, work on a project for 25 minutes and then take a break to do something fun, like playing with their pet.
5. The Clutter Method: Some ADHD entrepreneurs work best in chaos. They thrive in messy environments and can find what they need in the midst of clutter. My father was a successful businessman; his office had more clutter than Planters has peanuts. So, if you’re an ADHD entrepreneur who can’t seem to keep your workspace clean, embrace the clutter and own it. Just make sure you don’t lose anything important in the process!
So, if you are an ADHD entrepreneur, you don’t have to sacrifice your creativity and spontaneity for the sake of ADHD Organization! They can use these humorous methods to stay focused, productive, and true to their unique selves. Remember, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for ADHD organization. So, try different strategies, find what works for you, and remember to have fun along the way!
So, how can you learn ADHD Organization?
The answer is to call Dr. Get in Focus; he can show you! To set up your free appointment, click here on the link! https://calendly.com/dr_work_from_home/get-in-focus-vip-session-clone
Dr. Get in Focus works with businesses, entrepreneurs, and remote workers to get in focus and skyrocket their productivity. He is here to talk to see if he can help. His website is https://drgetinfocus.com to take advantage of his training programs. Check https://getinfocusworkshop.drgetinfocus.com/ for the latest workshop.
Don’t wait; get in focus today!
Dr. Jeff Levine has been working with entrepreneurs to skyrocket production for decades. He is not, however a licensed therapist. For resources on ADHD and therapy, please check here: https://adhdonline.com/get-help/?msclkid=929b135866da187a01fe7122f8fe0765